Wednesday 12 February 2014

Selective embossing

Hello!  A quick post for today, I can't wait to get my laptop back tomorrow andhave full  blogging capabilities again!  The project that I am sharing is a 'case' from a good friend who is also a demonstrator.  Amanda's work is stunning and always ever so inspiring! 



I have used the vellum card stock and instead of embossing it by running it through my big shot or texture boutique machines I placed the open embossing folder on the table (indentations facing up) laid the vellum over that and then using a scoring stylus you simply emboss by hand. The best bit is that you can be selective about which areas you want.  It's similar to parchment craft and the vellum goes white when embossed but I wanted to add some colour so I used my Stampin' Write markers direct to the vellum.


This card has lots of interest and texture, I Love it!


Here's a close up, dimensionals give the sentiment some 'pop'.

That's all for today, it's horrid here! Cold, wet and windy, best get wrapped up to collect Thomas from school!

No comments: