Wednesday 30 March 2011

Greenhouse Garden Mini Album

 

 Now for those of you that know me and my crafting habits you will already know that I am a cardmaker at heart and don't find it that easy to do other things.  Well I recently found inspiration from the lovely Bekka and decided to make this mini album, great as a gift for grandparents with piccies in!  The book is made from a single 12 x 12 sheet then you just needs extras for the tags and decoration.  I stamped my own patterned paper.


I've gone for bright 'spring' colours - Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizazz and Blushing Bride with Old Olive for the tags.  The ribbon is Old Olive 1/4" and 5/8" grosgrain, I've tied a bit of linen thread around the narrow ribbon too.  The stamp sets are Greenhouse Garden (really easy 2 step stamping even without the Stamp-A-Majig!) and Oval All, punches are the large oval, the scallop oval and the scallop edge border.  I even used the little bit of 'waste' that you get too, thanks for the tip Bekka!  The only thing I'm not sure about at the moment is if there is too much white space on the patterned paper?  I'd love to hear your comments.


4 comments:

JackieG said...

It's beautiful, less is more :-)

Vicky said...

Thank you! It is growing on me, I've even done a few more projects with more white space than normal - you have to wait to see them though xx

Amanda Burditt said...

Oh I love it! I too find it difficult making other things like mini books that sort of thing...
I'd really love to know how to make it, ie dimensions so I can try one myself!

Vicky said...

Will email you Amanda x