Thursday 18 August 2011

Cased cards for Father in Law's Birthday...

I often hop around for inspiration and two ladies whose work I really love areVictoria and Julie.  It's a while now sine my Father In Law's birthday but when I sat down to make his cards I was seriously lacking in mojo!  I knew that for the card from the children I wanted to use the really cute set All In The Family and after some searching I knew that Julie's card was perfect! Here's my take on it.


Colours are Bashful Blue, Early Espresso and Old Olive.  The 'Daisy' and 'Thomas' are from All in the Family - yes Thomas really does have that crazy curly hair! :)  I used my inks and Blender Pens to colour them in.  The blender pens are fantastic value, you get 3 double ended brush pens (so that's six pens really!) for £7.95.  I've also used the Just Perfect Alphabet which fits perfectly inside the bunting from Party This Way.  The sentiment is from the level one hostess set Afterthoughts I've used a marker to ink it and omitted the bits I didn't want.  This sentiment fitperfectly inside the Curly Label punch which I have punched again in Old Olive and cut in half to use as a mat.  Finally the cardstock on the bottom half of the card was embossed using the Big Shot and the Square Lattice embossing folder.  This card is actually A5 finished size - so it proves that you can emboss bigger bits than the embossing folders - don't be shy have a play!

Now I don't normally do very much inside my cards, but as I wanted Thomas to be able to write clearly I added a simple whisper white mat with the sentiment again from Afterthoughts.


Here's the card that I cased from Victoria.  Colours are Whisper White, Old Olive, Concord Crush and Marina Mist.  Stamp sets are Schoolbook Serif Alphabet and the retired set Punch Bunch. I've used the co-ordinating Scallop Square punch and raised it up on some dimensionals.  My Stamp-a-ma-jig came in really useful for both of these cards to help line the letters up!


Here's the inside, sentiment and candles from Party This Way.


Hope you like todays offerings!  I will be back tomorrow with some news about some NEW classes!

No comments: