Sunday 17 July 2011

Swaps for Training

I have just spent a lovely day in Bicester at Michelle Last's quarterly training event.  I love that everyone in this company is so welcoming, I feel very priveliged to be allowed to join in this training as I am not actually a part of Michelle's team.  I have also been to other teams events in the past too and always feel so welcome.  These days are always so much fun and one of my favourite parts of the day is swapping.  We make a card front or small 3d item and swap these with other demonstrators.  It's a great way to get some inspiration!  This time I decided that I wanted to have a go at some of the patchwork style embellishment that I have seen a lot of recently, I've stepped it up a bit by also using the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.


Start with a piece of whisper white cardstock and a pile of pre cut (or punched) squares.  I used the 1 1/4" square punch as it's great for speed and accuracy!  On my swap I've used Greenhouse Gala designer paper.  Adhere the squares in a patchwork pattern to the white card, you don't need to follow a pattern.  I just played with what 'looked good'.  You then run this through the BigShot with the Top Note die and then run the Top Note shape through the BigShot again using the embossing folder of your choice.


I've only used half of each Top Note shape and I've added a strip of pear Pizzazz cardstock as an accent.  The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations.  I hope you like it! I'll try and be back later in the week to share more crafty goodies with you.

Bye for now

Vicky x

No comments: